Earth is the third planet from the Sun and the fifth largest planet in the solar system in terms of mass and size.
The only celestial object that has an outstanding characteristic to host life. 29.2% of the Earth’s surface is land, and the remaining 70.8% is covered by water. Earth’s atmosphere consists mainly of nitrogen and oxygen.
The Earth orbits the Sun once every 365.25 days; meanwhile, it rotates around an imaginary line called an axis that runs from the North Pole to the South Pole. It takes 23.934 hours to complete one revolution on its axis.