Zika virus (ZKIV) is a part of Flaviviridae virus (primarily spread through ticks and mosquitos) family and the Flavivirus genus. Through mosquito’s bites, it spreads in blood. What zika transmits through the same mosquito is similar to those who spreads Dengue and Chikungunya. About 1 out of 5 people infected with Zika. It is just related to Dengue, yellow fever, Japanese encephalitis, west Nile viruses. It is generally spread by mosquito during the daytime.
The Zika was first discovered in April 1947 from a Rhesus Macaque monkey that had been placed inside a cage at the Zika Forest, Uganda. Researchers discovered from its serum a transmissible agent that was first called as Zika Virus when those monkeys have developed the fever. It also can spread to humans through Physical contact. A pregnant woman who is affected with Zika can transmit it to her new-born during the time of birth.
During the first infection, it is found in blood and passed from an affected person to another mosquito through mosquito bites. An infected mosquito can spread it to people.
- Most common symptoms are mild fever, rashes on the skin, joint pain, red eyes (conjunctivitis), muscle pain, headache.
- The time for exposure to symptoms usually takes 2 to 7 days to appear after the infected mosquito bites.
- For a few days, this virus usually remains in an infected person’s blood. But in some cases, it can be found longer (very rare).
There is still no medicines and vaccines have been discovered to diagnose Zika.
- Wear long sleeve shirt/tops and long pants.
- Stay at places which have window and door screens to avoid mosquito.
- Sleep under the mosquito net.
- Avoid yourself from mosquito’s bite.
Read Also: Zikavac: Vaccine to treat Zika Virus
Instructions to cure:
- Take proper rest.
- Avoid travelling or visiting public places such as market, office areas whenever you are suffering from fever.
- Drink lots of juice and water for preventing from Dehydration.
- To get relief from fever and pain, take medicines such as Paracetamol and Acetaminophen.
- Avoid having Aspirin and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen and Naproxen.
- Blood tests could help you to diagnose.
- Drink Papaya Leaf Juice to cure yourself of Dengue fever.
- Use insect repellents.
- Visit your healthcare provider.