A trio of engineers come together and combines technology with time. They have developed a hidden time watch that looks just like any other watch from a distance but shows time disappearing. Using a modern interpretation of the camouflage effect to hide the passing hours, engineers develop this watch that helps you focus on time in the moment. At it’s best, technology gives us new ways of seeing the world around us.
It involves a beautiful gradient display under a crystal covering where numbers firmly printed. When time passes, the hour gradient disc rotates and “hidden time” is revealed. Instead of focusing on the past, the watch obsessing over the future otherwise wasting the relatively little time that we have.
Jiwoong Jung said, “My research on how to naturally pass time began with how hiding occurs in nature, which led me to one of the best-known examples––the chameleon’s protective color. Their defense mechanism is a kind of optical illusion, but a simple and effective way to have two things together naturally when superimposed.”
Max Stossel, a filmmaker, and advocate in the Time Well Spent movement said, “Highlighting the ways in which the design of our devices, in many ways, isn’t working in our favor. We live in an attention economy, one where the measure of success is in ‘time spent.’ There’s a lot of money to be made when we are spending our time on specific apps, company websites, and social media accounts. To that end, our technology is often designed around base metrics of ‘what grabs your attention?'”
By keeping this in mind, Jung designed this hidden time watch in order to keep remind the people of how they are spending their time.
The watch is actually made from top-of-the-line materials. In addition, it comes with an interchangeable strap system that secures straps with a simple pull and clicks within seconds.
Additionally, this innovation is an answer for that was previously thought unanswerable.
Specifications of this Hidden Time Watch:
- Movement: Swiss Ronda Caliber 515 Quartz movement.
- Battery life: Around 45 months. There is a power saving mechanism with pulled out stem: Reduction of consumption approximately 70%.
- Housing: 316L Stainless steel, Ø 39mm (1.54 in), height 8.7mm (0.34in), back & screws, PVD plating.
- Glass: Sapphire glass – Scratch Resistant
- Water resistance: 50 meters / 5ATM (164 ft).
- Strap: Genuine leather (18mm lug-width) + stainless steel buckle with the smart docking system. One size fits all.
- Available in black, rose gold, or silver.
- Ultra thin – only 8.7mm (0.34in).