We all dream while we sleep. Basically, dreams can be said as stories and images our mind creates while we sleep. They are vivid which can make you feel happy, sad or scary. Although, no one can accurately tell us about why we dream. Others say dreams are necessary for mental, emotional, and physical health. Whereas, many studies have proved the importance of dreams to our health and well-being. According to scientists, dreams have no purpose or meaning and are nonsensical activities of the sleeping brain.
Previously, many scientists have developed different ways to read dreams. They even have developed a technology that can detect your sleep time memories. Various people are there who want to control their dreams. That is lucid dreaming. Although here is good news for them. A headband named as Aladdin help you enjoy your self-designed adventures. For the ones, who would like to feel lucid dreaming in an easy way. The Aladdin headband could give you that sensation.
Working of Aladdin:
Aladdin works by recording the electrical activity of the brain by EEG technology. The EEG (Electroencephalography) technology is an electrophysiological monitoring method that records the electrical activity of the brain. The headband then determines your stages of sleep by analyzing the data about brain activity. It also has an app– ‘Aladdin app’ that saves the data and allows you to track your patterns. By this app, you even can check how long you were in REM/Dream, deep or shallow sleep and how long it took to fall asleep.
Once it detects your REM cycle, it utilizes a proprietary algorithm to provide a gentle low-current electrical stimulation to the forehead. The prefrontal cortex then controls reasoning allow us to utilize our reasoning skills while we are awake.
When the reasoning center of the brain is ‘turned on’ while a dream, we become aware the unusual nature of the dream and realize that actually we are dreaming. This zone allows you to take the control and do anything you want.
Aladdin consists of three parts:
- An electrode strip: the gentle low current stimulation and EEG detection are deliver through an electrode strip.
- A microprocessor: A microprocessor control unit connected to the electrode strip links the band with an app on your smartphone.
- A comfortable headband to cover all.
Aladdin app features:
- Smart alarm: The app will wake you up at the best point during your sleep cycle in that window.
- Dream journal: It utilizes the app to record dreams. For instance, it writes down your memories or simply record an audio file.
- Sleep tracking: Track your sleep cycles and stages in order to improve your sleep habits.
- Dream recall: Improve your dream recall by setting the smart alarm to wake you as soon as you complete your final REM period of the night. This will help you remember your dreams better.