Many types of research found that whether or not you have diabetes, a diet loaded with foods that send blood sugar (glucose) on a roller-coaster ride can increase the risk of heart disease by damaging the blood vessels, raising the cholesterol and increase the risk of certain cancers.
Some ways to maintain better blood sugar (glucose):
- Eat rich protein foods. Protein lowers the overall GI of meals and helps curb hunger and also helps in weight loss. Some protein rich foods are fish, poultry, meat, milk products, egg, pulses, soya, nuts, and legumes.
- Intake the fruits and vegetables have few carbs (carbohydrate) and are packed with vitamins, minerals and fiber. Add them to the meals with carbohydrate- rich dishes to make the diet blood glucose friendly.
- Cutting calories can help to fight insulin resistance. The best way to lose weight is exercise.
- Chose low GI food instead of high GI to keep the blood glucose low and steady. Some of the low GI foods are cereals, leafy green vegetables, nuts, legumes and fruits like apple, pear, orange, papaya etc.
- Try to avoid bad saturated fats. This may interfere with the ability to control blood glucose. Eat good fats like almonds, walnuts, peanuts, figs and milk products.
- Always chose whole grains to eat which will prevent the heart disease and diabetics. It is more important to add acid foods to your food. Lemon, sweet limes, wine are some of the acid foods.
- Avoid drinking soft drinks frequently as it contains high sugar and carbohydrates and also quit smoking.
If you don’t have a control in blood sugar, it may lead to many serious problems like kidney failure, heart problems etc. Always have a healthy and simple diet, do exercise regularly and then tame your blood sugar forever.
Read Also: Why should we sleep? – Benefits of Sleep